Note: This page has not been updated for several years, so it does not include work during the last few years.
This is an attempt to organize the last few year’s work reported on my homepage (that is, from about 1995) by topic. (For older work, see my CV). When the same paper deals with several topics, it will appear under several headings.
Comments and suggestions on the page are most welcome.
- Monetary Policy: General
- Reviews of monetary policy
- Monetary policy under uncertainty
- Inflation targeting: general
- Inflation-forecast targeting
- Inflation targeting in open economies
- Monetary policy rules
- Japan, the Foolproof Way, and liquidity traps
- Monetary targeting and monetary indicators
- Price-level targeting
- The Eurosystem and the ECB
- Exchange-rate targeting vs. inflation targeting
- Extracting market expectations from financial instruments
- Realignment expectations in fixed exchange-rate regimes
- Public debt and inflation incentives