Bloomberg interview: “Inflation Targeting Guru Finds System Has Withstood the Test,” March 19, 2018.
Studiosamtal mellan Stefan Attefall och mig om kreditrestriktioner och svenskarnas skuldsättning, Bostadspolitik.se (in Swedish). Continue reading
“Ingves borde inte ha fått stanna som riksbankschef“, (“Ingves should not have been allowed to stay as Governor,” in Swedish), interview in Dagens Nyheter, October 18, 2017.
“Monetary Policy, Financial Stability, and Life at the IMF,” interview in IMF Research Bulletin, June 2016.
Interview in Svenska Dagbladet, May 23, 2016 (in Swedish)
Bloomberg interview, April 13, 2016.
An interview of me by IMF Survey.
- Monetary policy is not suitable for managing housing booms and rising household debt
- Not all housing booms pose a problem
- Identifying problem cases requires deep and complex analysis
- The need to keep monetary policy rates low to support an ailing economy, but at the same time, manage a boom in the housing market—that’s the scenario in which many policymakers around the world find themselves in. How should policymakers approach this type of scenario?
- Can monetary policy be used to manage problems associated with a housing boom?
- How can policymakers assess whether household debt poses a problem?
- So, if monetary policy is not suitable, how can any problems with household debt be handled?
“Noll ränta räcker inte“, Ekonominyheter från Ekot, Sveriges Radio (“Zero interest rate is not enough,” Radio Sweden’s Economy News (in Swedish)), December 30, 2014.
Short interview in Reuters, November 27, 2014.
Interview in Svenska Dagbladet, November 11, 2014: “Sänk räntan till minus” (“Set the policy rate negative, in Swedish)
Interview in Svenska Dagbladet, November 11, 2010: “Jonung har helt enkelt fel i praktiskt taget allt han säger” (“Jonung is simply wrong in practically all he is saying,” in Swedish)
New interview in Bloomberg: “Riksbanker who left in protest says untried steps only hope,” October 27, 2014.